2013 Leadership Team
The Leadership Team allows the association to fully utilize the tremendous wealth of talent available from its members on a volunteer basis to advance programs of common interest not otherwise capable of being developed and implemented. The group also assists NTA's Board of Directors in the decision-making process by acting as the vital link between the general membership and the Board.
The incoming NTA Chairman and CEO appoints individuals to serve on the Leadership Team. Each member of the team is also assigned to serve on a committee, which will allow smaller groups of members the opportunity to focus on specialized initiatives in a smaller, more intimate setting.
Below is the 2013 NTA Leadership Team
Canadian Task Force | Contact Subcommittee | Faith Tourism Advisory Council | Global Issues Advisory Task Force | Governance Comittee | Government Relations Committee | Interational Advisory Group | Nominating Committee | NTA-ASTA Hispanic Business Development Task Force | NTA-UMA Travel Exchange Task Force | Retail and Restaurants Council | Small Business Advisory Task Force | Young Professionals Advisory Group
Purpose: To advise on networking, programming, education, technology and business opportunities that will be of specific interest to Canadian members and assist with recruiting more members from Canada.
Staff Liaison: Doug Rentz
- Chair: Jim Warren, Anderson Vacations
- Board Liaison: Jay Smith, Sports Travel and Tours
- Sandra Rice, Ontario Tourism
- Kelly Dean, Ottawa Tourism
- Yakov Stevens, Tripsetter Inc.
- Christie Makaowichuk, Edmonton Tourism
- Richard Arnold, Atlantic Tours
- Ryan Robutko, Via Rail
Purpose: To advise staff on the development of the China Market Forum, which will be held in conjunction with Contact 2013.
- 2013 Contact Chair: Jim Reddekopp, Earth Bound Tours
- Board Liaison: Jim Magrath, Delta Air Lines Inc.
- Pilar Laguana: Guam Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Debbie Jiang: Happy Vacations
- Chi Lo: Pacific Asia Travel Association
- David Sun: HTA China
- Jie Geng: Wasabi International Tours
Purpose: To provide industry perspective and guide the association in developing plans to serve this marketplace by:
- Increasing awareness and accessibility of faith-based tourism.
- Working with staff to develop and create interest and awareness in a networking framework throughout the faith-based tourism marketplace.
- Identifying business-to-business relationships and opportunities.
- Providing leadership, guidance and education for the faith tourism industry.
Staff Liasion: Kevin Wright
- Chair: Paul Larsen, Ed-Ventures Inc.
- Board Liaison: Justin Osbon, Image Tours Inc.
- Linville Johnson, Bahamas Tourism
- Malia Asfour, Jordan Tourism Board
- Mirko Capadanno, Switzerland Tourism
- Edita Krunic, Select International Tours
- Cindi Brodhecker, Priscilla Tours
- Tina Abellanosa, Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center
Purpose: To advise the association on global issues impacting travel and tourism worldwide, e.g. sustainable tourism development, economic conditions, etc., demonstrating NTA's global tourism leadership.
- Chair: Phil Otterson, Abercrombie & Kent USA
- Board Liaison: Bob Gilbert, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Fred Dixon, NYC & Co.
- David Huang, Chinese Host
- Jodi Danyluk, Norwegian Cruise Line
- Jayne Russell, Best Western International HI
Purpose: To oversee the Board's Policy Governance process and performance.
- Chair: Jorge Cazenave, Cazenave Argentina
- Jill Pongonis, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
- Aniseh Dalju, Destination America/Travel Corporation
- Patti Culp, Alabama Travel Council
Purpose: To help generate member awareness of the importance of NTA's advocacy efforts and assisting with fund-raising initiatives for the Government Issues Fund and TourPAC. These funds support the policy and advocacy work of NTA's public affairs advocate and are critical to achieving NTA's objectives.
Staff Liasion: Penny Whitman
- Chair: Tom Jaffa, Jaffa Travel & Receptive Services
- Board Liaison: Blair Soucy, Getaway Tours Inc.
- Tom Armstrong, Tauck
- Heather Anderson, Travel Portland
- Brian Butterworth, Red Lion Inn
- Steve Richer, Public Affairs Advocate/Consultant
Purpose: To advise on business opportunities, networking, and programming that will be of specific interest to international members and enhance their ROI.
Staff Liaison: Haybina Hao
- Chair: Susan Krulic, Bavaria Tourism Marketing
- Board Liaison: Kate Simpson, Academic Travel Abroad Inc.
- Michaela Palkova-Claudino, Czech Tourism USA
- Gerry Lannigan, JAC Travel (Scotland)
- Emanuel Ribeiro Jr., Terra Nova Turismo (South America)
- Mirko Capadanno, Switzerland Tourism
Purpose: To select board and elected officer nominees and oversee the election process.
- Recruits candidates and promotes board services throughout the year and at NTA events.
- Establishes the election timeline annually.
- Interviews Candidates and selects the most qualified candidate per available seat (i.e. nominates a slate of candidates).
- Chair: Jim Reddekopp, Earth Bound Tours
- Cathy Greteman, Star Destinations
- Scott Hartcorn, Shiloh Inns
- Laurie Lincoln, Main Street Tours
- Joan Neimeyer, Wells Gray Tours
- Elizabeth Baranik, Hard Rock International
- Tim Moulder, Sweet Magnolia Tours
Purpose: To provide industry perspective and guidance in creating tools and business opportunities for members of both organizations, while raising awareness among the U.S. Hispanic trade to drive membership to both NTA and ASTA.
- Develop education on the significant Hispanic travel market
- Assist with agenda, invitations and identifying participants for Hispanics in Travel Caucus events at NTA and ASTA conventions.
- Identify Hispanic professionals and businesses to target for NTA and ASTA activities.
- Chair: Olga Ramudo, Express Travel
- Board Liaison: Jorge Cazenave, Cazenave Argentina
- Maria Gross, Consultant
- Angel Alvarez, Rail Europe
- Jose Barquin, Mexico Tourism Board
- Kirk Whisler, Latino Print Network
- Andrea Lawrence, Las Cruces CVB
Purpose: To advise the boards and staff of NTA and UMA on combined activities that will mutually serve both organizations according to the guiding principles of the co-location agreement. The NTA-UMA Travel Exchange Task Force will include members from NTA, members from UMA and a chair who belongs to both organizations.
- Assess the first Travel Exchange - what worked/ what didn't - and recommend any appropriate changes or enhancements.
- Chair: Michael Neustadt, Coach Tours
- Board Liaison: Amy Spain, Snohomish County Tourism Bureau
- Audrey Bialas, Pennsylvania Dutch CVB
- Barb Bowman, Grand Junction VCB
- Wayne Chandler, Grand Ole Opry
- Paul Nakamoto, Super Sightseeing Tours
- Cathy Greteman, Star Destinations
Purpose: To create synergy among NTA's retailer and restaurant members, assess tour operator needs related to shopping and dining, and help NTA recruit more members in this category.
Staff Liaisons: Wes Hogan
- Chair: Kathy Anderson, America's Premier Shopping Places
- Board Liaison: Aniseh Dalju, Destination America Inc.
- Teri Laursen, Fashion Outlets of Las Vegas, Niagara, Santa Fe
- Tara Hippensteel, Hard Rock International
- Carolyn Feimster, Historic Shopping & Dining Attractions
- Terry Wells, Macy's Inc.
- Doug Killian, Mall of America
- Janice Porter, Pier Restaurants
- Rosemary McCormick, Shop America Alliance
- Pam Duigou, West Edmonton Mall
- Tara Thomas, The Dussin Group
Purpose: To provide business perspective and identify needs of small business tour operators in the tourism industry to help NTA develop programs and services to meet their needs, attracting new small business members as a result.
Staff Liaison: Wes Hogan
- Chair: Chris Babb, The Group Tour Company Inc.
- Board Liaison: Dawn Rueckl, Wells Gray Tours Ltd.
- Taunya Wolfe Finn, Wolfe Adventures & Tours
- Bob Marx, Landmark Tours & Cruises
- Phil Sheldon, Hanns Ebensten/Alyson Adventure
- Marcella (Mar) Pulte, Murray Hotel
Purpose: To advise on networking, programming, education, technology and business opportunities that will be of specific interest to young professionals/millennials.
Staff Liaison: Chris Reed
- Chair: Eric Lynberg, Gray Line San Francisco, San Jose & Monterey/Super Sightseeing
- Board Liaison: Anbritt Stengele, Sports Traveler LLC
- Stephanie Dilling, Wells Gray Tours
- Marceline Dyer, Experience Columbus
- Zach Moses, Hanns Ebensten/Alyson Adventure