Montage is a family of in-depth product development trips that help tour operators experience a destination in a way that allows them to know exactly how to package and sell that product to their customers. NTA has been offering product development trips since 2001 and in that span, has taken members to more than 15 countries on six continents.
Tour operators: Explore new destinations, experience new product and develop trusted relationships.
Destinations and suppliers: Host a Montage PDT to highlight what's new in your area and market your product through personal, first-hand experience to the nearly 700 tour operator companies in the NTA membership. For more information on hosting, contact Catherine Prather.
2013 Montage Product Development Trips:
Bavaria, Germany & Czech Republic
October 10–18, 2013
Munich – Nuremberg – Regensburg –
Český Krumlov – Ceske Budejovice – Prague
NTA's next Montage product development trip will take tour operators to Bavaria, Germany and Czech Republic this fall. See the full itinerary here. The Oct. 10-18 PDT begins in Munich and takes participants from Nuremberg and Regensburg, Germany, to Český Krumlov, České Budějovice and Prague in the Czech Republic. Tours of these towns will include:
- BMW Museum
- Nuremberg Trials Memorium
- Imperial Diet Museum
- Český Krumlov Castle
- Budvar brewery ("the original Budweiser")
- Strahov Monastery
- Prague Castle
Participating tour operators (one per company) will be hosted for the land portion of the trip by Bavaria Tourism Marketing and Czech Tourism. If you're interested in applying for the trip, please see details below including online application. For additional questions about the PDT, email Kevin Wright, director of growth markets.
In order for your candidacy to be reviewed by the host tourist boards, please complete the online application.
Here are additional details regarding the application process:
- In reviewing your application, Bavaria Tourism Marketing and Czech Tourism will evaluate if your company currently sells (or has definite plans to begin selling within the next three years) Europe as a destination to travelers based in North America.
- All final selections of tour operators to jointhe Product Development Trip is subject to the approval of Bavaria Tourism Marketing and Czech Tourism.
- Please note a maximum of one person per company is permitted to apply (No exceptions will be made).
- Only U.S. and Canada-based NTA tour operator members are eligible to apply.
The following costs apply to all approved applicants of the Bavaria and Czech Republic Product Development Trip:
- Ground travel costs and arrangements are provided complimentary by the host tourist boards of Bavaria Tourism Marketing and Czech Tourism.
- Air travel costs and arrangements are the responsibility of each applicant.
- $100 non-refundable administrative fee to NTA. (You will be invoiced by NTA Member Services)
Physical Requirements for Trip Participants
Also, since traveling on this inspection trip will often require walking long distances (and sometimes on uneven surfaces such as cobblestones), it is imperative that participants are in very good physical condition, as alternative transport options are not always available.
Click here for information on past Product Development Trips.