In 2014, FTA was created as a sister association of NTA. The business of NTA members covers a diverse array of specialty travel markets, including faith-based travel, and FTA provides services and programs specialized for the faith travel market.
FTA membership is now available to NTA members for a nominal fee. Click here to see the FTA-only suite of benefits & fees to learn more.
Far more than you think! Stretch your mind beyond pilgrimages. Faith-based travel includes everything from leisure trips and getaways, or adventure and active travel, to conferences and events, mission and humanitarian trips, cruises and travel just for fun, plus so much more.
Currently, 37 percent of NTA's 700 tour companies offer faith-based travel product and services.
Faith-based travel is so diverse that virtually any tour operator, travel agent, destination or travel supplier that is actively engaged in this market or interested in exploring it could benefit from FTA.
Besides encompassing such a wide array of travel experiences, the numbers of people engaged in faith-based travel are staggering. Just look at the numbers attributed to one segment of this market:
The World Tourism Organization estimates 300 to 330 million tourists visit the world´s key religious sites every year, making spiritual tourism a significant part of both domestic and international tourism.
FTA Membership Benefits + NTA Membership Benefits-The Best of Both Worlds!
For a small fee, NTA members can add-on the suite of FTA benefits focused on the faith-based travel segment.
- Access to exclusive business and networking events at Travel Exchange; Faith Travel Association members only
- Right to use the FTA logo for all marketing and company business
- Special programming to reach the faith leader community
>Quarterly, faith leader e-magazine exclusively highlighting FTA members
- Access to faith travel market expert on staff-FTA members only please
- FTA member designation in NTA's printed and online directory
- Travel Exchange signage designating FTA membership
- Bi-annual business survey of FTA members; full results available only to FTA members
- Faith travel market-specific content in Courier magazine, exclusively featuring FTA members
- Access to FTA Facebook community-private group
- Promotion at all industry and market-specific shows attended by NTA/FTA representatives.
- Invitation to participate in FTA-only FAMs/Product Development Trips (tour operators only)
- Opportunity to participate in FTA marketing programs
- Discounted pricing for faith traveler market research, when available
If you're already an NTA member, please email FTA Manager Andy Newton or call +1.859.264.6603 to learn more about immediately gaining access to these additional benefits. If you're interested in joining NTA and including the FTA benefits, please email Mary Catherine or call +1.859.264.6566.
NTA members gain access to the FTA benefits through an annual fee:
• $49 (travel planner)
• $99 (tour operator)
• $199 (supplier, DMO, associate)
*These fees are in addition to your NTA membership and are not prorated.
Use the Faith Travel Association Member Search to research partners and find product development resources for the faith-based travel market.
Download the FTA logo to use in your marketing and to show your expertise in and commitment to faith-based travel.
Through these FTA and NTA publications, you'll keep up with the latest news and information on faith-based travel, and explore opportunities to promote your tours, product or services to FTA members and faith leaders.
- Faith Travel Association Trip Planner (available in print and digital versions)
- Routes of Faith e-mag
- Courier magazine (available in print and digital versions)
- Tuesday e-newsletter
FTA webinars highlight members and bring you market-specific business solutions, faith-travel updates and product development ideas:
- 5 Ways To Reassure Your Travelers in an Uncertain World (By RoamRight)
- From Heart Attacks to Terrorism: Preparing for the Unexpected (By RoamRight)
- Why Travelers Need Insurance for a Domestic Trip (By RoamRight)
- Developing a Crisis Plan (By RoamRight)
FTA Official Airline Partner: