DMO Requirements and Fees
The Applicant shall:
- be a destination marketing organization for a city, state/province, region or area whose primary purpose is to promote a particular destination.
- be a representative of at least three of the multiple components (lodging, attractions, restaurants, etc.) of the travel and tourism industry within a city, state/province, region or area.
- be a nonprofit organization, governmental agency or instrumentality
The Approval Process for DMOs
- When a completed application is submitted to NTA, the approval process takes approximately 2-4 days.
- Please note the following in regards to the application process:
- Upon approval of your membership application, membership fees become non-refundable.
- Your complete application must be submitted prior to the last working day of February in order to be eligible for a listing in the NTA Membership Directory.
- Registration for the Annual Convention begins in May, and tour supplier/DMO members are not guaranteed a place in the Tour & Travel Exchange. Registration is based solely on a first-received, first-confirmed basis, and because space is limited, the Exchange may fill before the registration deadline. Therefore, prospective members are strongly encouraged to submit their membership application by May 1. Also, please note that membership is not contingent upon a company receiving appointments in the Tour & Travel Exchange
Fees must be submitted in U.S. funds and accompany application.
If you have questions about the application process, membership benefits or to request a membership application packet, contact Cheryl Adams at 800.682.8886, ext. 6542 (U.S. and Canada) or 859.264.6542 or e-mail cheryl.adams@NTAstaff.com.